Sunday, March 22, 2009

Conference Exhibitions

I've have just returned from Orlando where I attended the ASCD Conference "Learning Without Boundaries". One of the most interesting things (I saw the space shuttle!) was the exhibition room. There were hundreds of booths, all trying very hard to sell their product. But here's what was interesting, I would say that a good 80% were computer focused. The products were either hardware (SMARTboards, etc.) online resources (Pearson PD) or software. It was a rare thing to see a booth with only books. Even though the delivery method has changed, we still have the challenge of what is based on solid practice and research or just a nicely packaged drill sheet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My colleague also went and was so enthused about the presenters. I followed the Robinson keynote live and have followed several folks who twittered and blogged about various presentations. So although I was not there, and didn't get to sit in the sun for a bit and warm up nor did I see the shuttle, I got to learn! The possibilities for learning are endless is you are interested.